Tuesday 22 September 2009

Not a Happy Camper

It is a well known fact that I love to have a good moan. It is also a well known fact that I’m not a morning person. Knocking on my door at 10am on a Saturday is going to land you straight on my naughty list. Here’s the letter I just fired off to Southern Electric.

To whom it may concern,

I am very disappointed to see that Southern Electric has stooped to door to door sales of products to existing customers.

On Saturday 26th September, my partner and I were rudely disturbed by the account manager of our area, knocking on our front door. He was trying to sell us a telephone package, in which we would be switched from BT to Southern Electric. For doing this we would receive £30 off our next electric bill. In general I find door to door sales extremely intrusive, not at all constructive and down rite annoying.

What upset me even further was the way I was spoken too. Seeing as I was still in my pyjamas and half way through cooking my breakfast, I asked your representative if I may take a form to peruse and fill out in my own time. He proceeded to tell me that due to the reference number at the top he had to fill it out and he had to call all the details in. So in other words, I had to take this offer now or never be offered it again. This is not exactly outstanding customer care.

I asked him what information he would require. He showed me the form and some of the questions were quite personal. To answer those questions would be leaving myself vulnerable to all sorts of security risks. I don’t feel comfortable giving someone who is off the street such information.

All in all, I am not impressed that South Electric feel it is okay to intrude on someone’s weekend like that. Further more, to try and sell a product with no information pack and give the customer no time to read it is ridiculous. I am not impressed in the slightest by your sales techniques.

In future I wish to be only contacted via, letter, e-mail, telephone or pre-arrange meeting. I take the assumption that my concerns will be raised with a member of management.

No comments:

Post a Comment