Friday 11 September 2009

Commuter Snoozer

London is one of those city’s that you can’t really describe in words. To understand London and what it’s about you need to be here and live it. The diversity is huge from 2year stay Aussies, to nutter South Africans, to over excitable Americans, to long term stayers like me, to long term stayers who are so comfortable with their surroundings and fellow Londoners they would make you cringe or laugh!

This morning on my way to work I found this guy.
Now you may look at this picture and think he is dead. I can assure you that he was not dead. Several clues lead me to believe the man had the gift of life still in him. Apart from drooling and his mouth moving in a goldfish motion, he was also snoring. When a man snores, at least you know air is getting in. Snoring is a good thing when it comes too passed out people.

When you find a snoring man on the tube you generally ignore him, this guy however was extremely hard to ignore when he started moving his tongue in and out of his mouth to the rhythm of his snore. As the journey went on, the snoring got louder and so did our giggles. When ever he did ‘the goldfish,’ I had to look away for fear of falling over from laughter. Truly it was a sight and the sounds he made were astonishing!

Judging by his attire I’m guessing he works somewhere in the city. He either had to get off at my stop or the stop after. I hope someone woke him but I highly doubt it. London is one of those cities where it doesn’t matter who you are, you’re on your own when it comes to embarrassing situations. See you at the end of line buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment