Friday 27 February 2009

Yummy... INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH GUACAMOLE!

I’m the first one to put my hand up and admit that I’m no domesticated goddess. Goddess yes but domesticated? Yeah, I think not! I figure that a clean house is a sign of a wasted life. I’m not into life wasting. You only live once so why waste several hours a month cleaning? It doesn’t make sense! Just give the house the once over before guests come around.


In saying that, I do have the odd 1950s style housewife moment every now and again. The boyfriend calls it nesting. He thinks those moments relate to my girl bits doing their girl things in the girly cycle. And when I tell him he’s wrong he then says, “Phase 2 begins, please don’t hit me!!!” ANYWAY… moving on from female functionality, (that was awkward for both of us!)

The other night I decided that I wanted to make dinner and play the ‘darling wife.’ We had some avocados that were getting pretty close to their "eat-before-it-grows-legs-and-runs-away" date. I decided I was going to make some nachos. Complete with Guacamole and all!!

Famous last words, "Go sit down… I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!" The boyfriend, who usually does most of the cooking, reluctantly left me alone in the kitchen.

Sure- I gave him guacamole. INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH GUACAMOLE!!! I got a little carried away with the;
garlic (four cloves should do it!)…
and the onion (I had 2 to choose from. I went with the smaller one at least!)…
and the chilli powder (2 Tea-spoons should be enough!)...
and the lemon (I'll juice the hole thing, best not waste it.)…
and the pepper (It was almost finished so I just used it up!).

So we sat down and ate our Nachos. The boyfriend nibbled his way through the nachos and you know what, he even ate the Industrial Strength Guacamole! Bless his cotton socks for his good manners! Once we were done he turned to me and said, “Are you still nesting or have you entered Phase 2 yet?”
“I think I’m still nesting. I don’t know. Try pissing me off and we’ll find out.”
“Nah, best not risk it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment