Wednesday 25 February 2009

Blair's Halfway up the What????

EEEERRRRR, AAAAARRRRG, GRRRRRRRR. Those were the sounds I made on the tube last week when I got to page 153 in my book. You ask why I made those sounds? Well I’ll tell you why. I made the EEEEEEERRRR sound when I found out page 153 was missing! I turned the page in hope for page 154 but that wasn’t there either so I made a AAAAAARRRRG sound. I flicked the pages in anger and found that in fact all the pages up too 185 were missing!! Hence the GRRRRRRR sound and then man sitting next to me backing away slowly.

I went home livid. And fired off an e-mail to the publisher;

To Whom It May Concern,

Ref: Gossip Girl; Would I Lie to You
ISBN-10: 0-316-01183-5
ISBN-13: 978-0-316-01183-9

I was given a copy of the above book as a gift*. The book was received new**. It appears the book is in it's completion as no physical pages are missing from the spine.

However as I read the book, I turned the page to find that pages 153 -184 have not been printed. The book goes from page 152, (ending in, 'Blair was halfway up the') and then jumps to page 185 (Starting with the chapter, 'better late than never?') Please see attachment of scanned copy.


Now unless the missing pages only contain the word ‘Duff’, I would very much appreciate a replacement book for this misprinted copy. I am happy to send you the defected book if you kindly forward me a postal address.

I look forward to your response.

**Small white lie. I bought it on e-bay
** Small white lie. It cost me 50p as I was the fifth owner. It looked like it had been to hell and back. (No wonder it kept getting sold on, sneaky fuckers!)

The response:
I am sorry to learn of your defective book. The missing pages do contain more words than ‘Duff.’ Therefore, we would be more than happy to send you a free replacement copy. There is no need to send us the defective book. I will have the new book sent out right away.

Best,
Emily.


Why thank you Emily!! It’s good to know that Blair isn’t up the duff!

No comments:

Post a Comment