Wednesday 25 February 2009

Flight Time from London to South Africa - FAIL

I love having a blog! I can write about people and they won't know I'm doing it. Yes, I know that sounds really immature but do you want to hear the funny story or not?

This story actually goes back quite far. It's about a South African girl who used to be my house mate. She's not the sharpest crayon in the box and gave us hours of amusement! The rubbish she says, it would blow your mind! I keep her as a friend of facebook for pure comic relief.

But back to the story so many moons ago; One day we were all sitting in our lounge talking about international flight. 'Miss Plank of Wood' turned around and said, “All international flights are night flights.” We all rolled our eyes, a statement like that is expected from her. We tried to point out that there are international day flights. I even showed her my Itinerary for my flight back to Australia the following month. She wasn’t having any of it. Instead, she told us, “The reason why Kell is flying during the day is because she flies over the equator.” We looked at her and scratched our heads. WTF on so many levels!!!!
Que, Awkward Silence.
So I asked her, “When you fly to South Africa, do you not fly over the equator?”
She laughed and shook her head, “Kell sometimes you’re so stupid. Of course I don‘t fly over the equator, I fly over Africa.” She then gave me a demonstation and moved her arm in a swoop/big-dipper motion. This action made everything she said so much clearer.
Of course! Stupid me!

A few years have passed since her Epic grade 2 Geography fail. The other day I was talking to her on facebook. Guess who is flying back to South Africa? I couldn’t help it. I had to pick the scab until I became sore from laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment